3 Ways on How to Find Friends on Snapchat
On July 8, 2011, Snap Inc released Snapchat, an American multimedia messaging app. Snap Inc is originally Snapchat Inc. The primary feature that you can enjoy on Snapchat is viewing messages and pictures in a short time. You can share with your friends in just a snap, living to its name Snapchat. It operates on Android and iOS with over 37 languages available.
This app is one of the most engaging social media platforms. You can post but it will automatically be gone in 24 hours. Photo or video sent to your friend disappears after viewing. It also features geotags for locations and filters to make fun with your photos.
Daily, Snapchat has 190 million users around the world. Surely, this is one fun way of communicating with your friends, loved ones, and even strangers to become friends.
Finding Friends on Snapchat
There are three different ways to find friends on Snapchat. If you are using your phone, you might have already added your friends and family. However, if you want to add someone who you just met or follow famous celebrities, you may try another way to find them. You can find friends by:
Sync Phone Contacts to Snapchat
1. On your phone, locate the Snapchat icon and tap it to open the app.
2. Tap the profile icon in your screen’s top left-hand corner. It appears as Bitmoji.
3. Tap the button “Find friends on Snapchat”. This can be found below your profile information. Once tapped, this will lead you to the command to sync your phone’s contacts to Snapchat.
4. A confirmation will appear that you want to sync your contacts to find friends. Click the Continue button, which appears blue.
5. Snapchat pop-up will appear that asks you to access your phone’s contacts. Press “OK” to continue.
6. Once the syncing is done, you can see a list form of anyone in your contact list with a Snapchat account. Tap +Add just next to their names to add an account.
Note: You may also invite your friend who is not on Snapchat by tapping the +Invite button.
Search User by Snapchat Username
1. Launch the app by tapping the icon on the home screen of your phone.
2. At the top of the screen, you can find the search bar. Type the username of the person are looking for.
3. Any match or close match of your search will appear automatically. Once you are sure it is the person you are trying to find, add the person by tapping the +Add button beside their name.
Note: This is the easiest way to add people outside your contact list but you have to make sure you know their username.
Scan Users Snapcode
Snapcode is a QR code that is always unique to every user. It is scanned to find users and add them right away. If you are with someone who agrees to be your friend on Snapchat, you can add them by following the instructions below.
1. Tap the app’s icon from your home screen to open it.
2. Once the icon is launched, go to camera mode.
3. Ask the person to show their Snapchat code. To do this, tap the profile and locate the yellow box with the dots. It is the Snapcode.
4. Focus the camera on the Snapcode and long-press screen. The camera will scan the Snapcode automatically. This will show you their account.
5. Add the person by tapping Add Friend. It will be added to your contact list.
Note: Scanning the Snapcode can be done through a photo or screenshot of their Snapcode. You don’t have to be together face to face.
Check out more about the digital world.